Letter of Introduction

 From,

Hew Tze Kin Cliven

Block 642 Choa Chu Kang Street 64

#09-75 S(680642)

 

Date: September 4th, 2022

 

Subject: Self Introduction

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Cliven Hew, and I am a first-year student in SIT studying robotics. Before joining SIT as a robotics student, I studied in Republic Polytechnic as an electrical and electronics student. This is where I picked up an interest in robotics systems engineering as I had to design a robotic crawler for my final year project.

I was tasked with programming the raspberry pi to move the crawler inside the pipeline as its purpose was to identify any defects found internally. Upon getting the crawler to work, I felt pride and a sense of accomplishment, and it was this feeling that made me realize that I wanted to be involved in similar projects upon entering the workforce.

For my internship, I had the opportunity to experience working as an aerospace technician. Through the mentorship under the senior technicians, I improved my soldering skills and learned many useful tools commonly used in repair work.

A communication strength that I have is articulating clearly. I used to panic and speak quickly during presentations. Through exposure to more presentations and taking deep breaths to calm myself, I have found it easier to speak clearer and louder.

However, a communication weakness that I have is fidgeting, such as constantly moving my hands or feet while speaking. I am trying to remove this habit by being conscious of my feet as I speak.

Finally, I would like to present two specific learning goals for this module. Firstly, I want to improve my body language and speaking skills through continuous exposure to presentations and public speaking. Secondly, I want to improve my critical thinking to perform problem solving and decision-making efficiently.

I hope this letter gives a better insight on my decision to pick robotics and what I wish to achieve in this course.

 

Yours sincerely,

Hew Tze Kin Cliven

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it meets the requirement of the assignment is is overall well written as I cannot find any noticeable language mistakes. However, I would be great to elaborate more on your strength in the aspect of communication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the usage of the proper format of a formal letter is commendable, and the content is clear and concise. This letter was written in a polite and formal tone, and the flow of ideas is smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The self-introduction letter was clear and concised. However, you may want to combine paragraphs as some of it is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cliven,

    Thank you for this clear, concise and fairly well substantiated letter. The content is aligned with the assignment brief, you employ appropriate organization and the language use is good. You've also done well providing supporting information for each specific content area, which allows us readers to gain a basic understanding of who you are.

    In the discussion of your study project and work experience, for example, you mention how you learned skills that have supported your tech development, and it's clear you can build on those in terms of the communication you carry out in our module. You also demonstrate a willingness to improve in areas like thinking and presenting, which is so important as a step toward excellence.

    I look forward to working with you further this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paraphrasing

Summary/Reader Response Final Draft